End-User License Agreement
THOMAS KLOEKER - SOFTCOMPONENTS.COM ("VENDOR") IS WILLING TO LICENSE THE SOFTWARE IDENTIFIED BELOW TO YOU IF YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS IN THIS AGREEMENT. PLEASE READ THE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. BY PURCHASING A FULL LICENSE, YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT. INDICATE ACCEPTANCE BY SELECTING THE "ACCEPT" CHECK BOX ON THE "BUY" WEB PAGE OR THE PURCHASE PROCESS WILL NOT CONTINUE. IF YOU ARE ACCEPTING THESE TERMS ON BEHALF OF ANOTHER PERSON OR A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE FULL AUTHORITY TO ACT FOR AND TO BIND THAT PERSON, COMPANY, OR LEGAL ENTITY TO THESE TERMS.
1. Definitions. "Software" means the software that you obtain from Vendor in binary form and all other machine readable materials that are included with such software or are provided for use with it, including (a) any updates or error corrections provided by Vendor and (b) any user manuals and other documentation provided by Vendor. “Agreement” refers to this End-User License Agreement.
2. Use. Under this Agreement, Vendor grants you a non-exclusive license to do the following:
· Install and use one copy of the Software on a single computer;
· Make one copy of the Software for backup and archival purposes only;
· After written notice to Vendor, transfer the Software on a permanent basis to another person or entity, provided that you retain no copies of the Software and the transferee agrees to the terms of this license; and
· Use the Software in accordance with any additional permitted uses set forth below.
3. Development License Grant. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Vendor grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license to use the Software internally for the purpose of designing, developing, and testing your own original software programs. This Agreement does not license you to distribute the Software.
4. Restrictions. You may not:
5. Third Party Software. Additional copyright notices and license terms apply to portions of the graphical user interface of the Software which was implemented using the dynamically linked Qt framework. Qt is licensed under the Lesser GNU Public License (LGPL v2.1) (see http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/lgpl.html). The source code of Qt is available on http://qt-project.org/. By accepting this Agreement, you also accept the third party terms.
6. License Only. The Software is the property of Vendor or its licensors and is protected by copyright law. You are granted non-exclusive license rights only, which take effect after your acceptance of this license. No right, title or interest is granted except as expressly stated in this Agreement.
7. Limited Warranty. Vendor warrants to you that for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase, as evidenced by a copy of the receipt, the media on which Software is furnished (if any) will be free of defects in materials and workmanship under normal use. Except for the foregoing, the Software is provided "AS IS". Your exclusive remedy and Vendor's entire liability under this limited warranty will be at Vendor's option to replace the Software or refund the fee paid for Software. Any implied warranties on the Software are limited to 90 days. Some states do not allow limitations on duration of an implied warranty, so the above may not apply to you. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have others, which may vary from state to state.
8. Disclaimer of Warranty. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SPECIFIED IN THIS AGREEMENT, ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE DISCLAIMED, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT THESE DISCLAIMERS ARE HELD TO BE LEGALLY INVALID.
9. Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL VENDOR OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST REVENUE, PROFIT OR DATA, OR FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF VENDOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event will Vendor's liability to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, exceed the amount paid by you for Software under this Agreement. The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated warranty fails of its essential purpose. Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so some of the terms above may not be applicable to you.
10. Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by destroying all copies of Software. This Agreement will terminate immediately without notice from Vendor if you fail to comply with any provision of this Agreement. Either party may terminate this Agreement immediately should any Software become, or in either party's opinion be likely to become, the subject of a claim of infringement of any intellectual property right. Upon termination, all license grants end and you must destroy all copies of Software and cease all use.
11. Governing Law. Any action related to this Agreement will be governed by German law. No choice of law rules of any jurisdiction will apply. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any claim regarding this Agreement or its subject matter will lie in the courts located in Recklinghausen, Germany. The provisions of the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods do not apply.
12. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable, this Agreement will remain in effect with the provision omitted, unless omission would frustrate the intent of the parties, in which case this Agreement will immediately terminate.
13. Usage Limitations. You acknowledge that Software is not designed or intended for use in the design, construction, operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility or any other use that may affect individual health and safety. Vendor disclaims any express or implied warranty of fitness for such uses.
14. Entire Agreement. This Agreement is the entire agreement between you and Vendor relating to its subject matter. It supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals, representations and warranties and prevails over any conflicting or additional terms of any quote, order, acknowledgment, or other communication between the parties relating to its subject matter during the term of this Agreement. No modification of this Agreement will be binding, unless in writing and signed by an authorized representative of each party.